6.12.10

No Russian(95/100)



Author:Micheal Barnes
Game:Call of Duty
Genre:Story


I've been working on my youtube channel a lot more recently, and, naturally, I looked at the Machinima youtube channel to see if there was anything that caught my eye. No Russian, ladies and gentlemen, is, without a doubt, the best Machinima I have had the pleasure to review. 

Video(50/50)
There are many things that PC's have over consoles, graphics(before consoles move on to their next generation), application life, and mods. To be honest I have no clue how Micheal Barnes was able to achieve this, however, one thing I do know is that this was a complete and total modification of the game's files. I have been playing CoD since the CoD 2 days. As far as I know, the only one that has a theater mode is the most current, Black Ops. Words can't correctly explain how amazing this is to watch, you would think it was an actual movie, if you replace the 3D character with real people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the visuals, the frame rate is solid, the angles are nicely used, aside from some light model collision it's perfect.


Sound (45/50)
Looking at some of the best action movies of the past ten years there is one thing they all have in common, no music, yes I am aware there are some musical scores here and there, but the underlying scenes where the action is intense and there are bodies falling, bullets whizzing every which way, there is no music. It takes a pretty intense battle to actually compliment this and an even more skilled director, the fact that Barnes was able to pull this off smoothly without drawing much attention to it is mystifying. I am in complete awe of his ability. 


Script Quality (N/A) 
I can't score this Machinima on script due to it being just audio from the game.


It doesn't matter if you like action, story, or any other kind of Machinima, this is a must see, two of one of the more memorable scenes from Modern Warfare 2 are recreated in full cinematic view. I guarantee that you will like this one. It has my seal of approval.

1 comment:

  1. isn't that the mission people were so offended over that they had to put a warning at the beginning of the game for?
    A bunch of dumbasses running through the airport as you mow them down with your machine gun... honestly don't know what all the fuss was about. You can do that any day on GTA.

    ReplyDelete